1. RULES OF PLAY: Rules of play shall be per FIFA "Laws of the Game" except as modified by US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, Ohio South Youth Soccer Association and the Gateway Showcase Tournament. All decisions concerning rules and regulations, including the interpretation thereof, bracketing of teams, match schedules, etc. are the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee and the Tournament Coordinator. The playing rules for Sanctioned League games will supersede all rules and regulations for the Gateway Showcase Tournament games for ALL games identified.
2. INCLEMENT WEATHER: The Gateway Showcase Tournament Committee reserves the right to shorten match times, and/or move to an alternate site and/or cancel any match altogether without refund of the entry fee. See Severe Weather Policy for more info.
3. PAYMENTS/CANCELLATIONS: If application is accepted then teams acknowledge that their payment will be deposited upon acceptance and if payment is refused, application may be revoked, and teams acknowledge that 1) Payment must be made prior to acceptance, applications may not be considered until payments are received. 2) Application must be reviewed by tournament directors before team is accepted. 3) Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance 4) If application is not accepted team will receive a full refund and a letter of notification, but 5) Once accepted no refunds are allowed.
4. TEAM AND PLAYER REGISTRATION: Registration for this event is through GotSoccer only unless otherwise approved by the tournament registrar. Each player must be registered with an association recognized by US Soccer, and must be on a state/league-approved roster. Up to four duly registered and rostered guest players per team are permitted. As part of the registration process, each team must provide an approved roster and travel permit. Guest players must be included on an approved tournament guest player roster form. Each team must provide player passes to registration and to each game. Each team may roster up to 22 players for U15 - U19 per the US Youth Soccer rules and regulations; however, no more than 18 players may participate in each match. Teams may select a different 18 players for each match from the 22-player roster.
5. MATCH LENGTH: Unless shortened due to weather or other delays, all SHOWCASE matches will be:
6. PLAYER SUBSTITUTION: A player may be substituted after a goal has been scored, on either team’s goal kick, on either team’s throw-in, on either team’s corner kick, or, upon any other stoppage in play, at the referee’s discretion. Each substitution must be with the approval of the referee. For age groups U15 and older, free substitution is allowed.
7. RED AND YELLOW CARDS/SEND-OFFS: A player receiving a red card during a match will not be permitted to play in his/her team’s next match. If the severity of the red card offense so justifies, a player may be suspended from playing in the next two matches. The decision to impose a two match suspension shall be made by the Tournament Director and the Referee Coordinator.
8. DISTRIBUTION OF PLAYER PROFILES: Team profiles need not be distributed by the Gateway Showcase Tournament Committee only. Persons associated with any team may approach college coaches with the purpose of distributing team or personal player profiles.
9. TOURNAMENT CHAMPION: Teams will be placed in an age group bracket. A champion will be named in each bracket based upon the point system below.
For each match, a team will be awarded points, as follows:
If a team receives a forfeit for any reason, they are declared a winner with a 2-0 score.
In case of a tie in your Division Bracket, the following tie-breaker will be used to determine the champion:
10. PROTESTS/APPEALS: All decisions of the referee are final and will only be reviewed by the Tournament Director for the misapplication of a Law. All decisions of the Tournament Director are final. Protests/appeals from individuals or teams will not be heard.
11. EXCEPTIONS: The Tournament Coordinator reserves the right to modify any rules/regulations at any time with or without notice.
The Techne Training System is designed by professional soccer player Yael Averbuch, based on training methods that have allowed her to play at the highest level. While soccer is a team sport, we all know that to be an elite player, it's vital to spend time outside your team environment mastering the tools of your trade. The app provides Academy, Central, East, South, and Bluegrass players with a blueprint to own their development and become a master of the ball.